Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 7,000 in North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
SUMMARY OF ROLE
SunPower is seeking a for a tax specialist to help our tax team with various tax projects and ongoing tasks. The candidate will report to the APAC Tax Department Manager and will support different areas of international tax with particular attention to ongoing tax assessments and litigation. This position is project based.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to perform specified tax assessment work and draft initial assessment protest letters and advocate tax assessment cases with the BIR
- Perform other tax/finance projects and tasks to be specified
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree, Finance/Accountancy/Banking/Law or equivalent.
- At least 2 Years tax or audit experience (Big 4 Tax experience Strongly Preferred)
- Applicants must be willing to work in Sta. Rosa,Laguna or Sto. Tomas Batangas.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work with people in all departments of the company and from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Ability to think creatively and to complete tasks in a timely man